Cecilie over at Little Miss Cucie and her Readings nominated me for this award that celebrates new bloggers.
A giant thank you to Cecilie for the nomination!
So here are the rules:
1 – Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
2 – Answer the 10 questions given by the nominator.
3 – Nominate and link 10 bloggers (with less than 200 followers).
4 – Notify all the bloggers you’ve nominated.
5 – Create 10 new questions for your nominees to answer.
Here are the questions I was asked:
- What is your favourite setting in a book?
- I love steampunk books, they are my guilty pleasure. They are usually set in Victorian Era London, where steam has become the predominant power source and electricity is looked at as an oddity.
- What is your favourite musical?
- That’s a tough one… I think I’d have to say Phantom of the Opera, only because it was the first musical I ever attended. It was beautiful and magical and the songs are amazing.
- Which language do you prefer your books to be in?
- Sadly I can only read English, so English it must be. I’m sure I’m missing out on the nuances of a book when I have to read a translation but there’s not much I can do about it.
- What is one book that you have heard nothing but good things about, but you ended up not liking as much as everyone else?
- The Great Gatsby is the bane of my literary existence. Everyone I talk to loves this book and I have always disliked it. I always feel like I must be missing something, but I’m also completely convinced that everyone else just drank the koolaid.
- Which genres are your least favorites?
- I don’t read horror. I can’t stand all the blood, guts and gore. It’s just too much for me. I also don’t read a lot of romance, and that’s because I prefer something more to my stories than just a love story. If it’s crossed over with anything else I will likely try it, but straight-up contemporary romance is just so boring to me.
- If you could live anywhere you wanted, where would it be?
- I would probably go live in Halifax, Nova Scotia. I went there on a trip with my best friend years ago and it has always struck me as a beautiful and friendly place. I could still have the forests that I love, but also the ocean.
- What are your plans for summer?
- Haha… work, work, and work. Sadly, that’s what my grown-up life has come to. I try to visit with friends on the weekend, but they are equally as busy sometimes. Then I just stay at home and read in the back yard with the dog.
- What movie are you most excited for this year, whether book related or not.
- The only movie that I really wanted to see this year was Pitch Perfect 2, and the husband and I went out to see it a couple weeks ago. There might be something later that catches my interest, but I don’t follow movies all that much, so I won’t know it until I see a preview.
- If you could ban a book, which would it be and why?
- The Game by Neill Strauss. This book is all about how to con women into sleeping with you. It has no literary merit, it’s offensive and sexist, and awkward guys buy it because they think it will help them find love but all it does is teach them to be jerks.
- What is your favorite weather for reading?
- I get headaches when it’s stormy, which makes it really hard to concentrate on reading. I prefer reading when there is a slight chill in the air so I can get cozy on the couch with a blanket and a cup of hot chocolate, but not too cold that my fingers are freezing.
My Nominations (sorry if any of you have already done this before!):
- Elyse @ Just Murrayed
- Chelsea @ Speak Out
- Erika @ The Book’s the Thing
- Jo @ BookLoversBlog
- Emelia @ BookBug’s World
- Ashley @ What’s She Reading?
- C.S. Wilde @ C.S. Wilde
- Elen @ A World of Reviews
- Alicia @ Caffeine and Books
- Brittany Marie @ brittanymariereads
Questions for my Nominees:
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- Which of your posts is your favourite so far? Link!
- What is your favourite snack for when you are reading?
- Who is your favourite fictional character? Why?
- Have you ever read a book just because you liked the cover? What was it?
- What is your dream job and why?
- Do you prefer hardcover, soft cover, or e-books?
- What’s the most delicious meal you have ever eaten? And where were you?
- As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Describe your hometown in 3 words.