I was recently nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Dani @ Perspective Of A Writer, which is pretty exciting since I haven’t done one of these posts in a long time. Dani writes an awesome blog about books (of course) so go check it out!
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. If you had to chose a dystopian world to be sent to, which would it be and why?
I think I would want to be in the world of Incarceron, because even though the whole jail system is really screwed up, the world above is this cool high-tech simulation of pastoral England with castles and pretty dresses.
2. What are your favourite blog posts to write and why?
I like writing list posts (like Top Ten Tuesday) because I don’t have to come up with the themes, the entries are short enough that I’m not too stressed, and I get to feature a bunch of great books.
3. Under what circumstances would you DNF a book?
It happens when I get bored with a book, either because of the characters or the plot. I don’t do it intentionally, but I will often just put a boring book to the side and forget to pick it up again. I also rarely finish self-help or business non-fiction titles because I feel like their points are usually made within the first couple chapters and I don’t need them to keep trying to convince me.
4. What types of characters do you love most? (i.e. like genre but for characters, examples: strong female, hot love interest, nerds, pirates, if you can group them and love them, name them!)
I’m a huge fan of the quirky outcast. I get a kick out of reading how someone with weird habits learns to navigate the world, usually via the help of a friendly neighbour or love interest.
5. If you could teleport to any city in the world which would it be? If you had to make your way home on you own would it still be the same city?
As long as I could bring along my wallet and passport, I’d want to teleport to London. I’ve never been there and yet read about it all the time. I just want that experience. Then I would just hop on a plane back.
6. If you wrote a book, what would it be about? (i.e. the premise, type of characters, world?)
It would probably be some kind of middle-grade fantasy/mystery with a couple of quirky kids who find themselves up against an ominous secret society.
7. If a band were to be featured in a fictional story, which would you want it to be and why?
Walk Off The Earth, just because I think it would be a hilarious story. They all just seem so chill and fun.
8. What book describes you best? (Is it a particular character, the cover or the story?)
The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend because I often feel like the outsider who shows up in some small town and is super excited about books while everyone else is looking at me like I’m crazy-pants.
9. Favourite book universe and why? (Is it the friends you would have, the world you would live in or the abilities/circumstances you would be in?)
Right now it’s the future universe in Becky Chamber’s Wayfarer‘s series. I want to meet aliens, go into space, and find an awesome group of misfits to hang with. I’m so in love with the many different characters that she has written. I just want to meet them all!
10. What is your favourite book pet? Real pet? Ultimate pet?
I’ve always been fascinated by griffins (gryphons), even though I guess they aren’t really a pet. There are a few fantasy series that have people riding them, but usually it’s more of a partnership situation because the griffins are super smart.
11. If you’d humor me and look at this post I wrote about Korean dramas… which banner looks like it has a story you would be interested in reading/watching?
#10 is intriguing because I really wanna know why that man is wearing a hospital mask and looking at that bunny like it’s the answer to all his questions.
- Ana @ Ana’s Lair
- Cátia @ Chrissi Reads
- Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense
- Charley @ booksandbakes1
- Daniela @ Books to Get Lost In
- Stefanie @ yourdaughtersbookshelf
- Caitlin @ caitlinsternwrites
- Claire @ Art and Soul
- Alyssa @ Purple People Readers
- Elyse @ Just Murrayed
- Anjie @ Love Thy Shelf
As always, if you don’t want to do this, or have done it before and don’t want to do it again, please don’t feel any pressure.
And of course, if you aren’t listed above but wanna do it anyway, do it! I nominate YOU!
- What is your Goodreads challenge/reading goal for this year?
- What do you do to get through a reading slump?
- Do you read poetry? If so, what’s your favourite poem? If not, why not?
- Do you want to be an author (or are you an author now?) or are you content to just be a reader?
- How fast of a reader would you say you are?
- What else do you get besides books at a bookstore?
- Do you really think that people who don’t use bookmarks are monsters?
- What kinds of books do your family members read? Do they like the same stuff as you?
- What is your favourite book turned movie?
- What is your favourite book quote?
- What popular book do you just hate, and why?
Oh! I just loved all your answers! I love it that most book bloggers would like to write a book… I loved the direction you’d go if you did try that… my favorite answer though is #1 where you’d want to be in the Incarceron world. I think I need to read that book soon now… I love quirky characters too, they make what is potentially a regular trope into something new and many times fun! London is so awesome, I took my mom once and it is actually the one place in the world I would love to live (if I had boatloads of cash!) I’m totally a city person and it is the ultimate to me. Thanks so much! It was so fun to read your answers!! BTW he did an operation on that stuffed animal, haha so it was more a plastic surgery type of emergency…