Q: If you had an author-only Thankgsgiving party, who would you invite? (submitted by Kristin @Lukten av Trykksverte)
A: I live in Canada, so Thanksgiving has been over for ages now! But if I were to host an authors-only Thanksgiving, I would want:
- Becky Chambers – because she is my current fav author
- Anne McCaffrey – hey, you didn’t say they had to be alive! And Anne has written some of my favourite books of all time
- Mercedes Lackey – she was my favourite author, and really I just want to sit down and have a chat about what the heck happened to her writing style in the last few years
- Gail Carriger – because you know she is going to wear the best outfit
- Genevieve Valentine – her writing is so crazy beautiful, and I just want to find out what kind of person she is
And as I finish this list, I realize that all my picks are female sci-fi/fantasy authors. Haha!
Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Coffee Addicted Writer that runs from Friday to Thursday.
Visit other blogs in the list and comment on their posts. Try to spend some time on the blogs reading other posts and possible become a new follower. The purpose of the hop is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog.
I haven’t heard of these authors but now I have more to search out 🙂 Great answer!
I hope you check out a few of them. I think this would be such an epic dinner party. 🙂
I definitely will be 🙂
Gail Carriger and Mercedes Lackey are both on my TBR though I haven’t read any of their books. I’ve heard such great things about the worlds they create so I think they’d be fantastic dinner companions!
You should definitely check them out. My fav Mercedes Lackey is the Oathbound trilogy. It is where I started with her books and is my go-to fav.
I’ll have to check out these authors!