This week’s Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge prompt is “Favourite holiday (with recipe)” and at first I had a hard time choosing one. I’m not the kind of person who decorates and dresses up, but I do love a good gift swap. So I decided that Christmas is my favourite holiday. Finding meaningful gifts to give to my friends and family makes me so happy. I’ve also done some personal reading challenges specifically to do with Christmas-themed books, which is something I haven’t done for any other holiday
Meat Pie (Tourtiere)
- Bake the potato until done, 30 – 45 minutes in a preheated 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) oven. Peel and mash the potato.
- Place the potato, ground pork, onion, spices and water in a large frying pan and simmer until very thick, for about one hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare your pastry.
- Line a deep-dish pie plate with pastry. Spoon in filling, spreading evenly. Cover with top crust.
- Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with paprika, if desired. Cut steam vent. Bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). If edges brown too fast, cover with a strip of foil. Serve warm.
- 1 ½ pounds ground pork
- 1 large baking potato
- 1 large onion, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 dash ground allspice
- ½ cup water
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust deep dish pie
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
What’s your favourite holiday and holiday food?
Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge is hosted each Wednesday by Long and Short Reviews. This blog hop is for authors, non-authors, bookish folks and others to share something weekly and gain new friends and visitors to the blog.
Leave a Comment